Activities in OESF
Joined OESF (Open Embedded Software Foundation, www.oesf.biz) since Jan 2010, IVC plays an active role in OESF operation not only in Vietnam but also in international activities.
With the establishment of OESF VN in October 2010, IVC is appointed to coordinate and control OESF VN operations in Vietnam and South East Asia market.
OESF Vietnam has three main missions
- Information Hub to cover South East Asia.
- Coordinating marketing activities and Business Matching.
- Recruiting member from South East Asia countries.
The activities concentrate on enrolling new members, forming the local Android network, collaborating with the academy for R&D, supplying OESF authorized Android training programs and certification, and conference. Those programs will help local IT companies to be able to get benefit from the growing of OESF and its global network.
Some remarkable activities of OESF VN so far
- In 2010, OESF Vietnam started the Academic Collaboration Program with the enrollment of Natural Science University of Ho Chi Minh City.
- On March 4 2011, Android Blasts Off - Vietnam 2011 was held for the first time in Ho Chi Minh City. About 150 attendees and speakers came to see the latest achievement of OESF on Android, and discussed about how to form a strong Android community in Vietnam.
- On March 4 2011, sign up the MOU with HCA (Ho Chi Minh City Computer Association).
- Moreover, IVC has been contributing to the Embedded Master, the open source project of OESF, which bring up a new standard platform and framework for Android based embedded development.
- Port EM2 to Beagle Board (video clip) and FresScale i.MX51 (video clip )
- Android Printing Framework: the first printing solution on Android platform. Basing on CUPS, a framework with functional APIs and screens are build to support developers to build Android applications with printing fucntions easily. (video clip)
* "Android" is a trademark of Google Inc.